Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What a difference a day makes........

well, week actually, but lets not split hairs! And in my case, a week seems to have seen little difference to any of my knitting projects:-( This piccie is a pretty good summary of my week!

I've done very little of anything tbh, even casting on for something new hasn't managed to stir the excitement it usually does:-(So I've lazed around and done basically nothing particularly constructive!!! But I guess its ok, cos its not that often that I can't be bothered to knit!!! this afternoon has been a bit of a return to the knit-mad me, and I have this to show for my afternoons tv viewing!!!!

Its going to be a wrap cardi for myself, and the yarn is twilleys freedom spirit! I like the way it makes a pattern for you as you knit mindlessly away! I'm thinking the colour will look pretty good with jeans too:-)

I've been wondering what to put on my christmas list from dh, and as he said no knitting stuff (as I already have enough!(is that possible?))I thought to myself, what a good opportunity to expand my fyber realted skills!!! So I've asked for some fybers to have a go at spinning, and a book on dyeing so I can have a go at that too!!!!!! how exciting:-) I have a drop spindle and a bit of plain wool fyber to have a go with, so I'm going to have a go in the next few days, so that when my christmas haul materialises, I'll have a vague idea of what I'm doing! So the drop spindle is at the ready...............watch this space for some hand spun a la terri!!!!!!

Hopefully , normal knitterly obsession will resume forthwith:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger belaybunny said...

that's a great photo. I notice the dogs get most of the sofa ;) I like the colour of the twilleys, I've seen the wrap from the pattern book knitted up and it looks great. Shame it's too fuzzy for me!! Hope you get some knitting done tonight.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

That photo is CLASS!!!! - Luckily mine isn't allowed on the sofa (can you imagine all that springer fluff everywhere - yuck!!) although it does look warm and snuggly!!!

Glad you have found your knitting mojo this aft and hope it stays with you!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Sometimes you just need to chill and then the knitting muse comes back. I love the twilleys freedom spirit, its knitting up lovely.

And as for your DH saying no knitting stuff as you've got too much - does the man not realise that spinning and dyeing are just as bad??!! Get ready for a new addiction :-)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Great pic! It's just as well you're petite, or it looks like you'd have to sit on the floor!

The Freedom Spirit is knitting up beautifully. Looking forward to seeing how your spinning etc goes.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home