Friday, November 17, 2006

Whats next?!

I almost have a finished item to show you, the buttons will be sewn on Melinda this afternoon and I'll get DH to take a piccie!!! I sometimes forget how exciting it is when something you've laboured over is finished, although admittedly its not as exciting as a yarn delivery! Now I can cross a wip off my list, I've decided to bring another out of hiding. this time its a cabled jumper by bergere de france, Its a gorgeous pattern so I can't really explain why I've left it languishing in my neglected wip basket for so long???!! heres a snippet of the pattern
This lovely hank of sock yarn arrived at my door this morning!!!!It's a charity yarn from The Yarn Yard in support of Everyman ,and for this reason is destined to become a gift for my beloved! probably fingerless gloves if I can figure out a pattern:-)

And finally, this little lot is intended for one of my next winter projects! I'm going to make a hoodie by Ysolda. I wasn't too sure about the colour to begin with, but the green is growing on me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I think the colour for the hoodie is lovely - and if you find a pattern for fingerless gloves/mitts before me, let me know!!! ;)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Your cables are great! I love the green yarn too.

I don't know if the gauge is right but Knitty have a men's partly fingerless gloves pattern called Cigar that you could knit as completely fingerless.

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer05/PATTcigar.html

4:05 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

ooooh, thanks seahorse, I'll pop and look :-)
I don't normally go for green tbh, I'm more of a pink kinda girl but I liked the look of this online, and a wardrobe full of one colour is not good;-)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Modelwidow said...

The B de F sweater is going to be great if the snippet is anything to go by, and I like the colour of the yarn for the hoodie, I`m usually a pink girl too, but I can see why you chose that shade.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount