Thursday, November 30, 2006

Put your hands together...........


The first of a pair of fingerless gloves for DH!!! so much easier than I thought they would be and now I'm wondering why I put them off for so long! the pattern is Knucks from Knitty! I used the new artesano yarn hummingbird which I bought at harrogate and its so nice and soft!!! perfect for gloves:-) Just need to do the second one now!
which leads me onto my next intended project, using 4ply soft!

I want to make endpaper mitts by eunny jang! I think they are so pretty! I love eunny's blog, she's so talented its unbelievable!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to free up my circs to do these on though because I think I'll find it easier to do the colourwork this way........ of course I could be proven wrong, and as this requires me to finish a pair of utterly neglected socks, I could be forced to go for the dpns:-)

And lastly, my lovely postie brought this today!!!!!

Its Mystik by GGH, which I bought in the Getknitted sale. I've got enough to make a me size garment in both colours but haven't decided on anything yet. Its really nice yarn, ideal for special occassion knitting I think cos it's very glossy!! Will have to rack my brain for a pattern now:-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Modelwidow said...

Nice glove ! Love the colourway. Mystik looks interesting, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Fab glove!

I love the colours you chose for the Endpaper Mitts! Nice stuff from GGH too :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

I love the glove, very nice colour.

Your endpaper mitts will look lovely in those colours. I already have plenty of lilac stuff, maybe I should get some more in a different colour!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

The gloves are brilliant! I love the colour. And am in awe at the fact that you want to tackle those mitts :-) beautiful though, and agree, Eunny is so talented.

9:13 PM  
Blogger WildPurl said...

I've made two pairs of Knucks now and I love the pattern, it is really easy and knits up quickly. I love them in that hummingbird though, what a great idea!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home