Monday, November 13, 2006

Button up!!

After committing myself to specific wip's in my sidebar, I thought I'd give a quick update! The only wip for me is melinda, which is from the colinette wayfarers book. I picked this cos I knew I could probably finish it quite quickly due to the thickness of the colinette yarns. Which is good, because its pretty chilly and a warm cardi will be very welcome:-)) BUT, I can't decide which buttons will be best to use????? I have a purple set and a wooden set, both from Pavi yarns in Alnwick. So here they are with the colinette yarn! which look best???? Any thoughts, feel free to let me know which will show my project in the best light!!!!!!!Its a plain cardi with moss stitch borders.


I'm carrying on with Ivy for my sisters christmas pressie, the back and first sleeve are done, so I think I'll finish in time without any problems with that one. The cropped cardi for my younger sister is coming along well too, the back and one front completed!! so thats two pressies I should have no problem getting done on time:-))

The other project of the moment is for my DH!!!! A scarf! He's picked the stitch himself after trawling through my harmony guides, and he's happy with how its looking so far!

It's a moss rib stitch that I'm using, although I must admit I have to keep putting it away as its boring me so much! He's worth it though, so I must persevere!
which leads me to another question! Why does everyone wait till winter is upon us before they ask if you would be good enough to make them a scarf???!!! Hmmmmmm! My younger sister wants a scarf for school, that will have to be next on my list, can't have her freezing really can I?!Although it would teach her to ask sooner next time:-)

And finally, a little bit of Cozy which I joined a knitalong to do! It'll have to be a medium term project though because I want to get my christmas knitting done as soon as possible!I'm loving the purple colour, which I must admit was inspired by my love of red wine! wine and a cream throw.......not a good look I don't think:-O unless of course chardonnay is more your thing?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Your blog looks gorgeous now, beautful piccie in the header!! and those little percentage knit things are great - you may have to get DH to share those you know!

On the button front, I'd personally go for the wooden ones, I think they'll lift the cardi and I think they look lovely. So Vote 1 for wood!

3:59 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

I agree with Noo on the button front and how nice the blog is looking ;)

And you're going great guns on those christmas presents, I'm sure you'll finish in plenty of time. I'm meant to be knitting DH a pair of socks for christmas, but not even started them yet - eeek!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Terri you are so busy! Loads of lovely knitted stuff on the go. I agree with Noo and Christina, the wooden buttons look great.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount