Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another FO


i made this scarf to go with the hat I made for my niece before the weekend, she needs a complete combo after all:-) I used Rowan pure wool dk, which I have to say is much softer than I imagined it would be, and its machine washable too, so thats a big plus! Its a very plain scarf with the addition of a heart motif and my nieces initials also knitted on!You can probably just see the detail I'm talking about!

I'm taking part in a dishcloth swap so spent sunday afternoon test knitting a dishcloth for myself! I ordered some peaches and cream from the Yarn grove in the states and its really nice cotton, soft but feels like it will be very hard wearing too! I used the mason dixon dishcloth pattern, and am very pleased with the results! It reminds me of a wall and as I was knitting it, I imagined humpty dumpty sat upon it.........so don't be surprised for a wall inspired cushion cover or something of the like in the near future:-) The dishcloth I make to send to my partner will of course remain a secret...............for now!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Seahorse said...

The scarf is lovely! I really like the dishcloth too. It's a really effective pattern.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Well get you with all your F.O.'s, now you're just showing off!!! LOL.

I love the scarf and what a great idea to put the initials on it!

11:15 AM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

are your needles on fire yet??? I do like the scarf, very pretty. And nice dishcloth too.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home