Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Did somebody mention a tension square?????

No they didn't!!!!!!!! and nor did I have the common sense to do one!

here is my current Wip so far! I love the colour, I love the design, but its a little "snugger" than I anticipated! Not that its a massive problem cos it DOES fit, but I think my tension must be out as I'm sure its smaller than it should be?? I was planning to make my mum one but have put myself off now as I can't really get her to try it on as I go:-O HMmmmmmmm!!!!! that'll teach me won't it! (actually, it probably won't, but at this point I'm going to pretend the experience has taught me a valuable lesson)

9 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

Its looking really good Terri, and I love the colour. Shall not mention tension squares, no, not at all....

11:41 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

oooh I hope that isn't my fault!!! - I have to say mine is snug too - but I like it! - I thought the point of knitting it down was that you could try it on on the way??????

12:17 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I tried it on after I had done the yoke and it was fine, its just snug over my boobs!!!!!!! It'll be fine:-) I think it will be fine once the zip is sewn in, its hard to see really till I do that????

12:24 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Excuse me?! Didnt you just start that like FIVE MINUTES AGO??? :o

::: faints :::

Tis gorgeous, btw!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I started it saturday evening, but its very bulky wool!!!!!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I think it'll be fine when it's got a zip in, and you could try blocking it a bit proud! (i.e. stretch it a bit!!!!) I guess 'cos mine's a jumper I didn't mind the snuggness, but it didn't occur to me to mention it in the case of the cardi - Oops!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

NO its fine auntie noo!!!!! I like things on the snug side too, I'm just not used to them coming out like that because I'm quite small iyswim?? I meant I couldn't get mum to try it on as I knitted because I had hoped to do it as a pressie! It took me ages to work out what you meant about trying on as you go........Doh!!!!!

5:39 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

it's looking lovely, I hope it does fit ok. the colour is really pretty.

10:41 PM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Love the colour! And really impressed by your WIP wee jumpers ... what a brilliant idea!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home