Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Drops 15-101


Pattern: Drops 15-101
Yarn: 1050g Muskat
Colour: Black
Needles 4mm Addi bamboo straights

I finished blocking this pullover yesterday, and although the picture isn't great, its lovely and neat, I finished it really neatly, and its just really nice!!!! However, after blocking, its too big............!!!!!! I don't know how it happened tbh, I tried it on pre blocking, and it was slightly big, but I can live with that after I washed it, its grew sooooooo much:-0( I'll have to gift it to one of my sisters I think, which is a shame. I wonder if its because I spun it in the machine?? The yarn says machine wash, and I used a low spin speed of 800 compared to my normal 1600.... I just don't know what I did wrong:-(
Nevermind, one christmas gift done I suppose *roll*

The lovely Jacquie awarded me a rockin girl blogger award, which has cheered me up no end! Thanks Jacquie:-) I'll have to think long and hard about my 5 bloggers to pass it on to becasue I think most people I know in blogland already have it.....hmmm, will have to ponder:-)

The Cinnabar pullover is coming along ok! I have just passed the armholes on the back, so I may have that piece finished today. I really really like the merino yarn I am using, and it looks lovely in the chocolate colour. I'm tempted to make the swing jacket from the front cover of the current IW next. I should get one project out of the way before I start planning the next shouldn't I LOL!!!!!!

I was supposed to be starting two university courses this month, one for mental health issues in the elderly, and the other for mentoring. I was looking forward to the first, and doing the second as a job requirement. And guess what........The mental health issues one has been cancelled:-( I had enrolled on an open university course in management, so I may still do that, but the down side is, I will have to self fund, whereas the course which now isn't running, would have been paid for by my employer. Woe is me;-) On the plus side, if I only do the one course, not as much impact on knitting time:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Your finished knit is lovely but what a shame about the fit. Someone will be lucky to recieve it! I remember the days of doing courses for work, mentoring was my least favourite one, along with the assessors course, but I enjoyed teaching the students. I live a far simpler working life now but I am sure I will soon get the urge to stretch my brain again!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

It's lovely terri, what a shame about the stretching.

Funnily enough I have been sent details about a course today - Palliative Care - which I am seriously considering.

1:08 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Phew, trying to keep up with your posts, duckie! Lovely photos of Alnwick - we really like Northumberland!

Sorry to hear about the Muskat - haven't tried this yarn yet, but the SKD yarn I've had has been great so far. And sorry to hear about your cancelled course. My PhD was cancelled 3 years ago, and I'm still in limbo...

I'm posting a cheque for your raffle tomorrow, btw. Take care!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I've just had to drop my uni hours to part-time due to my health and i'm kinda glad that now I can still knit a fair bit without feeling guilty about assignments and stuff. The mental health issues course did sound interesting though. Maybe they'll run it again next year.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home