Sunday, November 26, 2006

zipless wonder!!!!

My green zip still hasn't materialised so I've been wearing the hoodie regardless! Its so cosy and snuggly, I'll definatley use the lambs pride again:-) And it fits fine despite my panic it was going to be too small, although it doesn't look it in the front view, but I'm not holding it very well...........honest!!!!!


I can't quite believe how tired I was after harrogate! It was a two hour drive each way and I'm sure I strained my eyes driving home in the dark! I must go and get my eyes tested!!
The show was brilliant, I loved it!!!!!! Not as many knitting stalls as I'd expected but there were still plenty of them, and it was really good to see so many other crafts there too! lots of stalls with beads and notions for jewellry making, which is where I saw a lovely knitted bracelet which I bought the bits for, I'm quite excited to attempt that:-)
I knew I would succumb at the hipknits stand!!! I got some laceweight cashmere which I've had in and out of virtual shopping baskets I don't know how many times but removed cos I know I wouldn't wear a shawl!! But luckily for me, there was a pattern for a cropped cardi knit in laceweight, which was knitted up and on display, and it was beautiful!!!!!! so soft!!! So I just had to have the cashmere to make one for myself:-) That will definately be a long term project though!!!
I got some 4ply silk/cotton blend from Kerrie too, and I'm thinking of trying to design something myself for that.............watch this space!
We went to the rowan fashion show, which was amazing!!! very exciting, and a lot of the patterns I'd discarded as potential projects looked so much better irl!!! I even saw a jumper which I think my husband would wear!!!!!!
The highlight of the day though, was the company!!!!! I went to the show with one of my cyber buddies, and it was the first time we had met!!! I was a little worried it would be awkward but it so wasn't, and I really enjoyed her company!!! She just as nice irl as online!! Great day all round:-))

5 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Ooooh it looks good as a cardi!!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

So glad you had a good time :) We'll have to have another KAL for the hipknits lace cardigan, as I'm definately going to knit it one day - have the yarn and the pattern for a while now. Just summoning up the courage to knit with something so thin!!!

I love the hoodie, and hope your eyes have recovered.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Love the hoodie! What a fabulous colour.

Glad you had a blast at the show.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Glad you enjoyed Harrogate. I love the cardigan, and what a lovely smiling pic :-)

7:45 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

I'm wondering if I could make the hoodie with a tie on instead of zip, or maybe put buttons on it instead of the zip. might have to ask noo how she adapted it for a jumper though, cos I quite fancy one of those too ;)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home