Friday, January 18, 2008

Finished Frances!!!



I finished off this over the weekend last week, but its taken me a while to sort photos cos I've been on nights all week:-( I'm not thrilled with the result, I have to say!!! It looks fine if my arms are in the air, but when I stand, it looks really baggy around my chest, the st st section above the rib, and its putting me off wearing it tbh........... I could do with a little stuffing in my bra I think, then perhaps it would fit better!!! We'll see, but I suspect it will be one of my "in the house" handknits, which is a bit of a shame. I used stylecraft dk pure wool, which is machinewashable, and gives nice crisp stitches, quite similar to the tess dawson merino I used for Cinnabar, but a little rougher. I think it will soften after a wash though, so pleased with it really!

I've started a pair of monkey socks for me! I loved this pattern when I took part in the monkey swap, and thought I would get a pair otn! I have a few skeins of Cherry tree hill supersock in my stash, but this is the first time that I've actually knitted with it, and I really like it! Nice and soft:-)

I decided that once I had finished my sweater a month sweater, I would work on socks and wips, so apart form the monkeys, I've been working on the Bergere V neck jumper which I knitted the back of over a year ago. I really like this jumper, and the yarn, so have been enjoying knitting the front of that. I might get the front finished in january I think, and then I can move onto another wip next month. i think that I will make another Central park hoodei for my february sweater. Probably in some wendy aran whic I can throw in the washing machine. I wear my first CPH for work on night shift, and always get lots of compliments form my patients, who generally ask if I made it myself too:-)
And finally, my new favourite accessory!!!! Piglottie made me a gorgeous bag for Christmas, and its brilliant as a sock bag! Just the right size to carry about too, this has been to work with me the past week on nights too:-)

8 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Missed you while you've been on nights ! I like Frances, but know exactly what you mean about sagging chest areas!!!! Maybe it'll tighten a bit in the wash???

5:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Shame that you're not so happy with the fit cos she's a real beauty.

Piglottie's bags are just brilliant aren't they :o)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The little bags are great, lucky you! Shame about the sweater fit, its such a nice colour and design.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

Frances is a lovely colour, I hope a wash will do the trick size wise.

What a lovely bag from Piglottie.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Nice sock bag! I've been itching to knit a pair of Monkey Socks, too....but I've knit it so many times that I thought I should try another Cookie A. pattern. Right now I'm knitting her BFF SOCKS. Are you counting your socks for the January Sockdown on the Ravely group Socknitters Anonymous? The January Challenge is to knit a Cookie A. pattern.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Frances looks lovely from here. I hope you can get it to fit a bit better. Looking forward to seeing more progress on the BdF V-Neck.

1:56 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Nice! Sorry I missed it earlier. You have a little award -have a peek at my blog for details!

12:28 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

The Monkeys are looking fabulous!! That yarn looks so good with this pattern. :) I have one of PL's bags too and I love them, :)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount