Monday, October 08, 2007

Cinnabar




I finished making this up tonight. I'm pleased with how its turned out, and I really like the rowan buttons which I chose.
Pattern: Cinnabar
Yarn: Tess Dawson dk Merino
Colour: Chocolate
Needle: 4mm brittany Birch
Size: 33.5"

I haven't blocked it yet, but its machine washable yarn, so I'll just throw it in the machine over the next few days!
I can hardly believe where the last week has gone. I had a week of annual leave and it went by so fast, I felt like I got nothing done:-( I was a bit unwell both in the run up, and after the GNR, I think I've had some kind of virus, and have felt a bit yucky!!!!! I've been back to work today, and definately not feeling the benefit of a week off at the moment! Only 9 weeks to go to the next weeks holiday:-)

I've totalled up my fundraising efforts, and have managed to raise just over £400, so I'm really pleased with that. Big thankyou to everybody who supported me with this!

For the pay it forward post from a couple of weeks ago, there were a few comments, so I've tried to sort who's already been picked for pay it forward elsewhere, I may have it wrong though so I do apologise...........??!! SO.... Paula, Aknita, and Ladybird Linz will be my pay it forward recipients. I think I have all the addressess already, so you'll be surprised at any time ladies:-)

I've finished my harry potter socks for the Harry potter sock swap, but I can't post them here as my pal knows my blog............ Pictures once she will have received the parcel though, so sometime later this month!

10 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Your sweater looks great, I love the button up neck. Well done raising all that money!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

That's a great total. Huge congrats. I love the cinnabar - very classic.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

Cinnabar looks lovely :-)and really suits you.

I hope you feel better soon

9:16 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Cinnabar looks gorgeous! It really suits you and fits perfect. I love the colour, and agree the buttons are great.

Well done on raising so much money and completing the GNR. I hope you feel better soon *hugs*

9:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Great job on this lovely jumper. That issue of Interweave Knits made me finally give in and order a subscription.

Big congratulations on doing the GNR and the fundraising.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh well done you, it's a superb knit and perfect for these chillier days, I love it!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Huge well on the fundraising!

Cinnabar looks great - really suits you!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

I think cinnabar really suits you and you chose a great colour. The little buttons just really finish it off nicely too.

well done :D

7:43 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Congrats on the georgeous sweater (you look so old in it ;) er no really great!) and the Great North Run & fundraising!!!! :D

BTW one of the course participants this week took part on the GNR too, small world!! :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Love the sweater :-) Big congrats on your fundraising and hope you feel better soon.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home