Monday, June 23, 2008

And MORE Monkeys


No matter how many times I knit Monkey socks, I never seem to tire of them. This time I made no purl monkeys, and while I do like them, I prefer the original pattern. As my fourth pair of monkeys they won't be my last, and I'm still a long way off matching Gilraens epic stash of monkey FO's!!!!!!!!!!!
I've made a start on a pair of socks from sensational knitted socks which I bought a couple of years ago. I'm doing the garter rib socks, which are nice and quick, and looking pretty good in some opal rainforest butterfly yarn. It's the first time I've attempted anything from the book, and its really easy to follow. I'll be asking for the second book for christmas I think. The shetland shorty is almost done, just the bands to knit on and then a little finishing off, but tbh, it's easier doing socks on the days when I'm at work. I've been cycling to and from work recently, so 5 miles cycled 5 times a week, and I'm still finding it a little bit tiring. I'm trying to get out running a few times a week too, although only about six miles a week over three runs at the moment. Still no definate luck with finding a running place for the great north run later this year:-( The meningitis trust did have some places left so I've sent an application off, and just waiting to hear whether I was in time for one of their final places or not, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My sister and I are looking into doing a Marathon in May of next year around lake windermere, but I'll need to get a few formal runs in before then I think........
No word on the job front yet either, I'm hoping to hear something this week about an interview. AND, only 11 weeks until we go to benidorm on our jollies:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I hope you hear about the job soon. Nice socks and can I sneak in your suitcase for the holiday, sounds great!!!

5:18 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Well done with the socks! I wish I could really get into sock-knitting - they're such quick knits!

Your fitness regime, etc sounds exhausting to a pedestrian person like me, but good luck with the place for the GNR (and the job!).

7:37 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Lovely Monkeys!! LOL at the epic bit......I just love the patttern :)

Any news yet on the job front?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

Oh I hope you hear soon Sarah, I am still keeping everything crossed for you ;-)

Lovely monkey socks.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount