Saturday, May 10, 2008

Finished Darling

I've finished off the little girls cardi that I started last week, it was a good project to do a little of each day before going in to work for my night shifts. I want to do the embroidery but will need to look for online tutorials to show me how........!!!!

The pattern is available from Marie Grace. I used some leftover stylecraft aran for this which was in stash from the rogue I made a couple of years ago. I used at most 200g, so could probably make something else from the remainng leftovers.

The Montego bay scarf I finished off a couple of weeks ago was gifted to a friend who I work with, she loved it, which was a relief as she's not really a crafty kinda gal. She came back in the following nightshift after I gave it to her, and asked if I would be able to make one for both her mum and sister too, as they also really liked it. I said yes........ at least I know it will be apreciated:-) I'm going to make one of them with some cherry tree hill sock yarn, and the other with some yarn yard merino tencel, will post piccies when I make a start. I haven't used the MT before, so looking forward to seeing how that knits up.

ALmost on cue as my boiler was fixed, the sunshine has arrived in abundance!!!! I love the sun:-) I spent a couple of hours outside on thursday and friday, not doing gardening, but lying soaking up the sun. After reading a few blogs, people seemed to be getting their gardens in order so I decided I would do a little weeding and tidying up in mine today. It never happened though, and instead, I've spent most of the day laid on our hammock, turning a fetching shade of lobster LOL!!!! Actually, I'm not burnt, but have definately changed colour! Good job I had put cream on isn't it!
Scooby and Terri have enjoyed being outside too, although after an hour or so it was too hot for them and they headed back indoors.





I'm working on a nice summer hoodie at the moment, so hopefully I'll have piccies of that soon:-)
Hope everybody else is enjoying the lovely weather too!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Can't belive how warm it is compared to a couple of weeks ago! Loving see the sun too :o)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely cardi!! And great pics of the pooches ;-) Not so sunny here but it's looking as tho it might be better today.

I think the MT will be gorgeous as a lacy scarf!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Darling is cute!
Our doggo knows when he has had enough sun too -currently lounging under a tree. Your dogs are very handsome & know how to pose for the camera!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

What a great little cardi :-)

It's always good to knit for someone who appreciates it, isn't it.

1:41 AM  
Blogger florencemary said...

How spooky - I've just finished another Darling as well, and just blogged about it! If you go to the site MG mentions on the pattern, there's tons of embroidery instruction on there (and it's really clearly written and illustrated).

And yes, hasn't it been brilliant weather! The doggies looks like they've been enjoying it too...

6:44 AM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Georgeous Cardi!!!

I completely agree!! Knit only for those who appreciate it! :)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Darling is lovely. Its great being out isn't it. I think we ate every meal in the garden at the weekend.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount