Friday, October 19, 2007

Hour glass sweater.


I finished this today, intending to give it to my sister as a christmas gift, but I'm not thrilled with it tbh...... Maybe it will look better after blocking and on a real person. It looks like a sack on me cos its too big, but my sister is bigger, so should fit her ok.......Maybe I should get her to try it on and see if she likes it??
Anyway, the yarn is Kilcarra donegal tweed, and the pattern is from last minute knitted gifts.
I just need to crack on with the second monkey sock now.......
I'm feeling much better, thanks for all your well wishes! Back to work on Monday for four night shifts:-( No chance to knit either, and I hate nights! I don't sleep for very long through the day, so end up absolutely exhausted:-(

9 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I'm not sure if I'm pleased your better 'cos your better... or sorry your better 'cos you have to do the night shifts???? I think the jumper will be fine on a real person.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Jo028 said...

Your recent FO's are great, as ever. I'm sure the HG sweater will look lovely on your sister.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

It's a lovely sweater, and will suit your sister very well I think.

I am working the night shift on Monday and Tuesday nights next week, how about virtual tea and toast at 3:00 am?

2:52 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better but boo hiss to nights. I love the jumper and am sure it will look great when on someone the right size.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The jumper is such a lovely colour - I'm sure it will look great on the right size person as it's a great pattern.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I hope the nights go fast. I used to hate nights as I felt so grotty all the time. Hourglass is nice. I hope it fits your sister OK.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Ooooh I didn't realise you'd been ill Terri - I'm glad that you're betterer now though.

The Hourglass looks lovely - I wish I was you sister! - and your speedy needles must be smokin' !

love debs xx

4:30 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Oh dear, I'm getting worried now, re: the sizing of the Hourglass, especially since we're using the same yarn. Bah. I'm not sure whether to knit on to the armholes, or to rip now and knit a smaller size. Decisions, decisions. It looks lovely, btw, a beautiful colour. I'm sure your sis will love it!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Poker Software said...

I will know, many thanks for the help in this question.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount