Saturday, May 31, 2008

Horse shoe scarf



I made this scarf as the first of my christmas knitting projects. It was really quick to make, and used some left over Rowan Plaid which I had in stash. It's lovely and soft.......maybe I'll keep it for me:-)

Yarn: Rowan Plaid 2.5 balls
Needles: 8mm straights

CO 32 stitches
Work till desired length using 4 row pattern rpt as follows

Row 1 k2, p1, (k8, p1)3 times, k2
Even rows p2, k1, (p8, k1) 3 times, p2
Row 3 k2, p1, (C4B, C4F, p1) 3 times, k2

Cast off, block as desired.

Ideal for using up leftover chunky yarns.

8 Comments:

Blogger florencemary said...

That's a really nice scarf, Terri! But omigod, Christmas knits?! I'm starting to twitch uncontrollably...

4:42 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

hehehehehe, I know!!! Mad eh LOL!!!!! I'm trying to use bits of stash up, so regardless of the weather I was going to make a scarf, and I aint gonna wear it now am I:-)

5:05 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

Your *first* Christmas knits? You mean you're organised enough to have a list already!! I'm impressed.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Thats a nice pattern. I have decided not to do xmas knits ... well maybe a few socks!!!

7:58 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Nice! I must 'fess that I have started to think about Christmas knit possibilities!

9:00 AM  
Blogger gilraen said...

It looks beautiful!! BTW You've been tagged. :) http://gilraensknits.blogspot.com/2008/06/meme-post-today.html

3:41 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Love the scarf, what a great way to use up the Plaid! I have a similar amount left from Alexandra so this is going on the List :-)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

That's very pretty terri.

I have a FCS all reaady for Christmas..........;-)

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount