Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Look what I got!!!!

I decided at the beginning of october that perhaps my yarn hoarding was getting just a little out of hand, and maybe I should commit myself to a stashalong!! I have attempted to curb my yarn buying once and have to admit that I failed extraordinarily:O But this time, I'm determined to succeed:-)
I did buy some town and country sock yarn for a tank top, but am blaming that slight lapse on pictish;-)
Here's what I bought on my day off from getknitted!

The debbie bliss cashmerino aran is to make a Sharfik for my dads birthday present. The beads are for a jaeger cardi for my niece which I'm going to do in ryc 4ply but that was out of stock.

I love the "classics" book by Erika Knight, there are a few tops in there I'd like to make, and best still, I can use stash:-)


I've also done a little more of Ivy, which is for my sisters christmas present, I think I'm safe to post it on here, she's unlikely to search for knitting blogs online:-) I'm using debbie bliss cathay, which is knitting up nicely, its quite shiney but I think thats ok for a christmassy top!

4 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I like Sharfik - I need to find more men in my life to knit for!!!!!

Is the Knit Simple mag any good???

5:13 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

the knit simple mag has a few nice things in it, better than the last one was I think. I really like the jumper on the cover but all the yarns are american this time, so woud need to work out subs:-(

5:35 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Belaybunny, I'll have some left I'm sure! I'll let you know how much I used when I've finished, and how much I have left.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Oooh what a lovely colour you chose for Ivy, my favourite!

And the Erika Knight book looks good too :)

Debs xx

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount