Friday, January 12, 2007

Hello Dolly!!!

So here is the finished Dolly cardi!!! what a relief to have it all sewn together and finally finished! I'll be giving it to my niece tomorrow and hopefully will get a piccie of her wearing it then:-)
As you know, I was going to try and clear some of my longstanding wip's before starting anything new, but alas, I have failed already as I cast on last night for the central park hoodie! But I figured after all that beading, I deserved the excitement of starting something new:-)
And a close up of the cabling!
I'm using sirdar donegal yarn, which I had in my stash, so I'm sticking to one of my resolutions!!!!! I decided to make the second size of 36" even though my measurement is 32", I don't want it to be very fitted so thought I would go for comfort instead:-)
CJ who is on the crafty threads forum with me, finished her central park hoodie this week and it looks gorgeous! So its all her fault I broke my wip busting attempt really LOL!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger belaybunny said...

Lovely beaded cardigan. And your hoodie is looking lovely. The colour will go great with jeans. Sorry about the enabling ;) I'm not sure what to start next, when I should be finishing DH's jumper!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

DOn't know how I missed this yesterday??!!! I really love that blue cardi, am trying not to look too hard, 'cos I'll want to start one too!! (nope still no will power!) THe beaded cardi is precious!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger WildPurl said...

The beaded cardie is so pretty and our niece looks just lovely in it. I had an auntie who made me clothes when I was a little girl and I still remember how much I loved them, they were always a bit more glamorous than the things my mum made!
I luuurve that Donegal Tweed colour. I'm being sloooowly sucked into the CPH knitalong....must...resist...must
oh never mind then

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home