Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry christmas, everyone!!!!!


I've spent the day today wrapping presents and placing them under the tree! I love christmas, it makes me feel like a little girl again:-)
I didn't get the beaded cardi finished, or Ivy for that matter, but I've promised to have the ballet cardi done for when my niece goes back to dancing in the new year, and Ivy I'll finish when I get round to it! I am still hopeful of finishing a scarf which I started as a gift for my sisters mil, but we'll have to see on that score too!!!!!!!!I don't think I'll ever manage to be realistic with how much knitting I can get done! My stash is ready and willing but my fingers and needles just aren't up to expectations:-)

I'm going to take part in a sockamonth challenge in the new year! The challenge is to make one pair of socks per month, each month of the year, and if successful, I get a golden sock for my blog:-) I'm sure I can do it............:-O But again, we'll see!!!!! Of course the biggest challenge of all would be for me to stashalong, but as I KNOW I just can't do it, I'm not going to even try! although I must try and buy LESS in the new year!!!!
I haven't had too much success deciding which projects I want to commit too for the new year either, I think I have too many options tbh, but if I don't make some form of plan, I'll get very little done, and will end up once more next christmas with a number of wips, and not so many fo's as I would like! still, theres a good few days before the new year is upon us, so I've time yet:-)
I want to make sure I make at least one project that I can be proud that I've achieved something! Hence my desire to try lace and fairisle!

Next year is going to be an exciting year for me I think! I've got a few plans which hopefully will come into play in january, more on that in the new year though! We have a few swaps, knitalongs, and other events lined up on the crafty threads forum, which are going to be great too:-) And I may even try my hand at designing......watch this space!!!


wishing everybody the merriest of chritmas's, and may your new year be a knitty one!
God Bless xx

5 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Hope all your new year plans work well!!

7:35 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

Looking forward to seeing all your wonderful socks next year. I'll be joining in on the sock stash buster event. Must remember to sign up for a couple of the other events too ;)

Look at all your presents!! We still haven't done all the wrapping, and most of the stuff is for the kids, so it won't be going under the tree until christmas eve after they've gone to bed. Have a great time.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Love the tree - and all those presents (lets hope there's some yarn in there!).

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and that the New Year is filled with peace, joy and love. And here's to a knitty 2007!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

sadly not all the pressies are for me:-( lots for our nieces and nephew, although there will still be quite a few left once we've delivered those going elsewhere!
I'm sure theres a bit of yarn in there somewhere:-))

11:05 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas!

I'm right there with you on the unrealistic expecatations of what can be knitted in how short a time! Not to mention the 'can't stash-alomg, won't stash-along' ;)

Saw your tag on my blog - I'll get thinking and post my answers asap!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home