Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Stashalong?? What stashalong!!!!!!!!!!

After managing to stasalong really well since the beginning of the year, I've gone a bit mad this month! OOOpppss!!!!!!!!! I've only a couple of piccies to show though, as Royal mail are taking there time getting everything to me! I hope they're not this slow on saturday with the new HP book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly, some Lornas laces shepherd worsted to make The twisted float shrug from vogue fall 2005. I've wanted to make this since I first saw it in the magazine, and as Get knitted had the blackberry boucle in their sale, I thought now was as good a time as any to buy the yarn:-)

I also got some Cotton from SKD to make this, this and this.

What amazes me most about our postal service, is how they manage to be so rubbish! The gk order was posted first class recorded on friday of last week, and just arrived this morning! The order fome skd was dispatched yesterday, and one of three of the parcles arrived today! So how do they manage that? Three parcels sent at exactly th same time, from the same place, but only one turns up????? When I sent my sock swap parcel for the HP swap to the states, I used DHL, and the parcel took less than 24 hours between my house in the UK, and my pals house in the USA. I think we get a bit of a bum deal from Royal mail tbh:-(
So I still have a few squishy parcels to look forward to, maybe by the end of the week if I'm lucky, and will update with piccies then!

I've almost finished the knitting part of the twilleys freedom wrap cardi, so should have some pictures of that to show you soon aswell:-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Those Muskat patterns are all lovely! - I'm doing OK on that last one, one sleeve left!! :) Agree about Royal mail - just had an email from an ebay seller saying that Royal mail are saying things might be delayed because of strike backlogs *arggghh* as you say they'd better get it right on Saturday otherwise there will be a riot!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Penelope Quafflepuncher said...

Wow - I thought it was just the US post that was bad. Huh? Maybe we should all go through private companies like Fed Ex, UPS or DHL all the time and then the government posts might "step it up a notch"?

Love the choices from Drops. Can't wait to see how those come along.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Oooh, I have the TFS as a long neglected WIP! It's a gorgeous piece (although the las few rounds on the body did seem to take an absolute eternity, lol! Looking forward to seeing yours take shape!

6:07 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Love the SKD Muskat! I'm definitely going to buy from them again (I've recently bought some Silke Alpaca and I'm very impressed). I've also been pondering over the first of your 'this's' - the Drops cotton cardie....

8:31 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

The Muskat looks heavenly. Is it as soft and silky as it looks? :)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Stunning yarn Terri :) And I agree with the Royal Mail. They charge more and we get a worse service, pah!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Oooh I love the yarn! I really love the Muskat cotton in your piccies; maybe I'll be buying some of that to knit your second 'this' as well as it's a pattern I've printed out too *wink*

Debsxx

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home