Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lacy Days!!!!!!!

I seem to be developing something of a lace yarn fetish, despite having only made the Forest canopy shawl so far, and that wasn't even in lace weight yarn!!!!!!!! I joined up to participate in the Mystery stole 3 Knitalong and trying to stick to the recommended colours to match the theme of the stole, I ordered this gorgoeus Grey Yarn from Natalie of The Yarn Yard, the bluey yarn I have seen in progress pictures of for a Print o the waves stole, and the colours go so well with the pattern, that I had to have a skein of that too *roll*

I managed to convince myself that I didn't really have any lace weight in stash that I could use, but when I've had a little rummage, I do have a few skeins of laceweight yarn hiding in my stash afterall.........

Not loads though, but I just seem to want to buy more laceweight, without having knit any of my existing stash up! I have a few balls of ksh too, but thats not for lace work, its for a nice top if I ever get round to making it:-)
ANd just to continue with the lace theme, I made a start on Montego bay form the Current IW mag! Its a really simple pattern, and I love the way iots turning out so far, apart from the wonkiness at the bottom, I'm not quite sure how I managed that, but hopefully a little blocking will resolve that for me! The yarn is handmaiden seasilk, which I used for my fcs, and I really enjoy to knit with:-)

Terri is much better now, her nose isn't quite as scabby, although she does look a little funny with bald patches dotted about her snout LOL, bless her!!! And thankfully, the little puddles have dried up too:-)
Talking of puddles, what on earth is with the weather:-O) Poor Blue and Piglottie are having an awful time with flooding in their local area:-( Thankfully not too much damage to their own homes, but still, it must be really frightening seeing the water rise and worry whether it will start to seep through your front door:-( The weather has been bad here too, but nothing like as bad as elsewhere, we've had bursts of torrential rain, rather than the constant downpour, so we've been lucky! I'm hopoing the weather will brighten up by the end of the week. I had planned to visit Alnwick gardens at the weekend with my sister and two nieces, but if the weather continues as is, I doubt we'll be going anywhere:-(
My first harry potter swap sock is done, I just need to crack on with the second one straightaway so that I can sign up for the next round of swaps:-) I have ordered the beads to make the stitchmarkers for my pal, and hoping they will arrive tomorrow! I know what I'll be doing on my days off at the weekend:-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hearing you about the "must have more lace" thing. Glad to see you got your blue skein too ;)I've done exactly the same thing with managing to hide my lace stash well enough to warrant buying more, we're a scary bunch aren't we? The more I see Montego Bay being knitted up the higher up my list it goes, looking particularly lovely in silk too. Glad Terri is recovering (in all ways!) Those bald patches will probably disappear quickly and she'll soon be back to her sleek shiny self.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

The sea silk looks lovely in that pattern, and I so know what you mean about buying laceweight yarns!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Montego Bay is looking great.

Mmmm... laceweight... yum!

9:30 AM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

Glad to hear that terri is feeling better, poor thing. The scarf looks lovely. I have a few skeins of laceweight too, it must be catching!! ;)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Isn't the Yarn Yard laceweight gorgeous?! Your Mystery Stole is going to look wonderful. I love the Montego Bay scarf and may have to give it a go ;) Glad to hear Terri is better - poor thing. And thank you so much for your kind thoughts about the flooding - we were very lucky.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jo028 said...

Montego Bay is going to be gorgeous, it's a very pretty colour. Glad Terri is on the mend too. I'm in the 'I don't own any laceweight' club, I must be the only member LOL!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous lace stash and the new yarns are fab too. Love the look of your Montego Bay. It's on my list to do too.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home