Thursday, July 05, 2007

How does your garden grow????

well, mine not particuarly well tbh, but dads allotment, pretty darn well I think! Yesterday was the first of his veg ready, so I've had fresh cabbage, new potatoes, lettuce, cucumber and radishes, all delicious!!!!!! Why does shop bought never taste quite so good??? Lots of beetroot too, and as I didn't have the right jars or copious amounts of vinegar needed for pickling, I decided to try my hand at making bettroot chutney!
and soon, this......................

Became this.................

I haven't tasted it yet as its far too hot, but hoping to have cheese and chutney sarnies to take to work tomorrow!
In knitting news, I've almost finished the second Harry potter swap! Yippee!!!!! I'm desperate to get these in the post asap, not only because I want them to arrive in the states by the 21st, but also because I want to sign up for round two of the swap:-) sign ups open officially on the 14th of July for new members, but current members can join up for round two as soon as their parcel is winging its way to the recipient!!!!!!! And move onto year two, slightly differant swap, and soooooooo exciting LOL
Second clue for mystery stole released tomorrow too and I still have 20 rows of clue one to do:-( Nevermind, I'm not too far behind.................yet!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Seahorse said...

Oooh! Yummy looking chutney! I hope my beets get big enough for me to have a go at making some too!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Great haul from your dad's lotty then!! It does all taste so different doesn't it - I find carrots the most amazing things from the garden - but totally tasteless from the shops!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

Have you had a chutney sarnie yet?
It sounds lovely (I love chutney of any kind...pickles, the lot)

If I could grow carrots i'd definately agree with Noo...they just so sweet and beautiful...but they were grandads ;)
My growing as only been lettuce but again they have taste...shop bought is yuk. I have some pumpkins on the go but i'm not holding my breath...remind me to put a pic up someday lol
Good luck with all your future green fingered endevours!!!

Linz xxx

8:08 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Your chutney looks worth stealing Terri ;) :)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home