Sunday, June 10, 2007

Let me introduce.....


My niece, Jasmine!!!
Jasmine is 6, and has autism, and for that reason, my sister and I are running the great North run this year, for her! Jasmine was diagnosed with autism when she was 2, and since that time, has benefitted greatly from visits to an autistic charity local to us in Morpeth, called the Toby Henderson Trust. They've provided supportive therapy sessions for jasmine, and have been on hand for advice whenever my sister and her husband have needed it, so we decided it would be nice to try and give something back to them, to say thankyou for there help with Jasmines needs.
Over the next four months, in the run up to the race, I will be auctioning a few items to raise a little money on the Crafty threads and Yarns forum, and would be grateful for any support, remembering that support isn't just in the form of money, but in words of encouragement when training gets tough, and the goal seems beyond my reach!!!!!!!
I've been training for a couple of months , but the hard train begins now I ran 5km this morning in just under 40 minutes, which I was pleased with, but realise I have a long way to go if I am to manage to sustain that effort over 13 miles
Wish me luck
_________________

7 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Wishing you all the luck and best wishes in the world..... You've been so supportive to me, I only hope I can be to you too. That beautifull girl is a great inspiration!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Oh Sarah she's adorable. To echo what Noo says, you have been there for me, so I will try to be there for you too. You've made a great start!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

What a beautiful picture of Jasmine, who is simply stunning! And well done to you and your sister for taking up such a challenge for such a worthy cause. Am wishing you lots of luck and am here to support you hun!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jo028 said...

Jasmine is a beauty, take her piccy on your run, she'll motivate you. Well done for doing such a special thing fo others :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

good luck, I'm sure you'll do great.

1:08 PM  
Blogger T said...

Good luck to you and isn't Jasmine a sweetheart? :D You ran 5km in 40 mins? That's great! I'd need Tena Lady to sponsor me if I did that :D

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done to you both and loads of good luck wishes from me too.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount