Sunday, June 17, 2007

Socks, silk, and socks!!!!

I know its been a week since I posted, but apart from having nothing much to report, seeing Jasmines face everyday when I turned on my computer really made me smile:-)
The training is coming along ok, although I haven't been running in the past week as much as I would like and so I must try harder this week or I will fall behind with my training plan!!!!!!!
I've done a bit more knitting on the sock swap socks for my harry potter pal, who is in gryffindor, here they are so far, looking good even if I do say so myself:-)Just need to get a move on as I really want to post them by the end of June to allow for delivery to the states, I'd hate for them to arrive late!!!!

I started the Unbiased bag from knitty with the banana silk that I got in the secret santa swap. I really like the yarn, and the pattern knits up speedily and is very simple, so I may make another one of these with some sari silk that I have in my stash:-)

I've been doing a second pair of socks too! Rib and cable socks from IW fall 05, and I'm using Lucy Neatby yarn in "Blue vesuvius"! This is the first time I've knitted with the Celestial merino and its lovely and soft! Good job I have another lot in my stash:-)

3 Comments:

Blogger gilraen said...

They all look so good! :)

I'm glad to hear about the Celestial Merino, Noo sent me some for Summer Santa. :)

I clicked on your page often to see Jasmine's face. She is very photogenic and a real cutie too :)

Good Luck with the training!!! :D

8:43 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

I love the Celestial Merino - what gorgeous colours! And your pal's socks are looking good too. Watching the bag progess with interest as I may get round to knitting one myself (one day!).

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous colour the celestial merino is. I'm halfway through a lace scarf in that yarn, different colour. Started last autumn. Perhaps it's about time I finish it.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount