Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fairweather knitting

Yesterday wasn't such a nice day, so I did manage to get a bit of knitting done!
I cast on for something new, nothing quite beats that excitement does it! ( or maybe its just me?????)
I'm using some jaeger monte cristo that I've had in stash for ages, its a discontinued cotton blend, but lovely and soft and really nice to knit with. I've managed almost up to the armholes of the back so far.

And its going to grow into this!

I've made this jacket before, a couple of years ago for my sister but in a brushed yarn. Its long enough ago for me to have forgotten the pattern, and its looking good in the cotton:-)
I've done a little more on the union market square pullover, but I feel in the mood for cooler knits so its been a little bit neglected! So much for my intended finishing off WIP's before starting new ones!!!!!!

I've enjoyed the bit I've done so far, and learnt a new cast on method! It's got a hem too! see??!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

You knitted that back quickly! - and so neat and even! It's a lovely colour and I think it'll look fab when it's finished

10:01 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Great stuff! The Monte Cristo is a stunning colour!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Isaac said...

That looks like a wonderful yarn. I'm jealous of your quick knitting skills. What new method of casting on did you learn?

7:43 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

It's looking lovely, the colour is great.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jo028 said...

That's a beautiful colour for your hoodie. I've never seen that pattern before, it's great1

9:11 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Terri the jaeger monte cristo colour is gorgeous (I've just got some sock yarn today from Posh Yarns in similar colours). I wish I could knit as fast as you - MrPs socks are taking forever and I'm trying to be good and not cast on anything else until they are finished but feel my resolve will soon weaken...

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home