Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Forest in a flash!


I've deliberated over what to make next for a couple of days after finishing wicked, and eventually after chatting to jeanette who suggested I try lace, I cast on for the forest canopy shawl last night. It's off the needles and blocking,(unblocked piccie above) I can't believe how quick it was to make, about 5-6 hours of knitting. It's my first proper lace project, and never has blocking been so amazing! I know everybody says it but I think it has to be witnessed in person to see the transformation that occurs when you block lace!


I've already downloaded Spring things shawl and I think I may cast on for that this week aswell!!!!!
I think I may have found a new addiction:-)
Finished photos to follow as soon as its dry!

13 Comments:

Blogger gilraen said...

Terri it is beautiful even before blocking! :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jo028 said...

Very gorgeous, made in just 5-6 hours, that would take me weeks!

4:56 PM  
Blogger T said...

That's beautiful :D It is very quick, and I love it for that, hehe.

5:36 PM  
Blogger T said...

By the way, what's that yarn Terri? And I hadn't seen that other shawl pattern, think that might have to be put on my list.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

It's handmaiden seasilk nanatoo, lovely to work with:-)

6:01 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

that's very gorgeous indeed. And it would take me at least a month to do!!

6:03 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

That is gorgeous, so delicate :-)I've added silk to my list of yarns to make this in next!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's gorgeous in that yarn!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Stunning! Once again, I'm in awe of your speedy needles!

10:29 AM  
Blogger T said...

Thanks for that Terri. It's so lovely.

3:22 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Super quick - and beautiful result. So everyone is getting a shawl for Xmas, right?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

Terri it's stunning! I love the way the silk has come out.

told you it was quick ;)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Just catching up in blogland - that's lovely terri :D

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount