Friday, March 23, 2007

Green fingers?????


Probably not, but I'm going to have a good go!!!! Have been to wilkinsons this morning, my plan was to buy some veg to grow from seed, but I got all confused cos the backs of the packs didn't match with when I thought things should be planted, so thought I better do a little more research! So I ended up with a few packets of seeds to grow some herbs! I'm hoping to have them out on the decking in the summer cos its really sunny, and then in the kitchen through the winter??? Also got some rhubarb, I hope its ok in a pot, I love rhubarb crumble *licks lips*, and some strawberries, so I'll see how I get along with those for now:-)
And just to prove that not all my plants die.......... This is rosemary which I've had from being a tiny sprig, and its massive now! It must be particuarly hardy to survive my efforts!

5 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

Well done Terri! You'll be a home grower addict soon. Not sure, but I think rhubarb can take a couple of years before you can harvest from it - not sure though, someone more experienced should be along soon.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

How exciting! There's nothing quite like eating something you've grown yourself (even if you're rubbish at it, like me!).

2:28 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Rosemary!! I was out trimming mine this evening. I love the scent it gives the paths in the evening, that and lavender!

Good Luck with the planting :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Am I supposed to trim it??????

9:34 PM  
Blogger Jo028 said...

The only thing I know about rhubarb is that it LOVES horse manure, so get your shovel out girl LOL!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount