Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The kindness of strangers

It always amazes me how generous the knitting community is! I've taken part in a few swaps now and I always find I'm thrilled with what has been chosen for me! My postie delivered a lovely package yesterday,I was so excited on my way home form work after my hubbie told me there was a parcel from the USA for me!!!! I knew it was going to be my knit the classics swap:-)

The idea of the swap was to send a book from a series which you had enjoyed, and hopefully your partner would enjoy them too. I sent Mists of avalon to my swap as I love the book, and I received the first two books from the Ellis Peter's Brother cadfael series! I'm really pleased actually, cos I love any historical fiction and I'm sure these will be just my kind of thing! Isaac sent loads of extras too, some berooco alpaca in a gorgeous green colour which I think will become a hat for my dog walking:-)

A dishcloth, I love homemade dishcloths, and the most gorgeous set of stitch markers!!!!! How lucky am I that these were made especially for me:-)


Isaac has just started a blog of his own and I'm sure he'd love you to drop by!
Big thankyou for my swap, I love it:-)

3 Comments:

Blogger belaybunny said...

what a lovely swap that is. I think I'm going to have to join the blog now!! will check out your swap partner's blog too :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

What a lovely parcel! I can highly recommend the Cadfael books, I devoured the lot a few years ago and was left wanting more :-)

11:20 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Yes Cadfael is great. Another thing I shared with my mum when she was alive, a love of historical novels. :D

What a fabulous parcel. Issac sounds great. :)


I really like those stitchmarkers. :D

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount