Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cotton Cabling


I finished the back of the cotton sirdar jacket and have made a start on the first front. I remember reading somewhere that wool is best for cables because of its natural stretch, and that cotton is not so good due to its lack of elasticity. But I think the cotton is cabling fine, I like the way its looking so far!
I'm trying to plan may harry potter sock swaps.I'm hoping to design something original so that it makes some housepoints for hufflepuff house, so currently hoping for inspiration..............maybe I should spend the afternoon knitting and watching the HP films:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger belaybunny said...

I really like the colour, and the cabling looks very neat. I've never tried using cotton for cabling, but might now ;)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

I've always shied away from cotton for cabling too but yours looks lovely Terri!

6:27 PM  
Blogger T said...

That's looking good!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Lovely cabling Terri and delicious colour :) Good luck with the HP sock inspiration.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home