Sunday, March 11, 2007

A little bit of colour........

I eventually put off temptation and cast on for the endpaper mitts today.


I think the colours aren't very clear in the picture, but I've used two shades of a bluey grey, and I think they go really well together, very subtle! The colourwork is much easier than I thought, the only thing being I'm finding it a little slow going as I have to pick up each colour separately cos I can't get the hang of holding a colour in each hand, but its fun, and its quite exciting seeing the pattern emerge! I'm hoping that when I finish these, I'll be able to move onto the Deep argylle vest. I think I've finally put my fairisle fear to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger T said...

They are really gorgeous, I can't imagine being 'advanced' enough to make them but I know I will one day. I'm doing things now that I couldn't last year :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger Catknit said...

lovely mitts, I was looking through Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitters Almanac at the weekend (for inspiration) and she recomended making mitts in late spring for next year-I might just have to do that for a small project break from socks kind of thing.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount