Friday, March 09, 2007

Off to the Frog pond!!!!!

I don't normally frog anything, so imagine my surprise when fluid linen was swiftly ripped from the needles and wound back into a ball!!!!!! I like the pattern, and I like the ggh mystik yarn too, but I was just really unsure whether I liked them together, so rather than spend hours making something I'm not sure I'll wear, I decided to frog, and maybe make the top in a matte type yarn at some point instead:-)
I have to admit to being a bit unsure as to how much I like the look of flicca too, I'm not sure I like the way you can see a definate line around the knitting where the decreases have been made, I'll ponder over this for a while before frogging though??!!
I've made quite a bit of progress on Ravel, although its very simple, I'm quite enjoying the monotony of garter stitch at the moment. I had hoped to make a few summery tops ready for our holiday to tunisia in May, but its still quite cold and I still feel like making snuggly bits.
I've been making some stitch markers today to send to my swap partner for the forum swap, they look lovely, even if I say so myself, but obviously no photos for now:-)
I've been hunting about through all of the crochet tutorial books that I have, looking for something which I can attempt for crochet week, no luck so far, but I have been reading the tutorial pages of the happy hooker, and it seems to be sinking in, so we'll see! I might have a go at a few granny squares, maybe a good way of using all the leftovers of yarn I have from big projects, and I can make a throw for my rocking chair.
I'm still desperate to try colour work in the form of the endpaper mitts, but my january socks remain unfinished, so the needles continue to be occupied for now.
When I first started my blog, auntie Noo told me that having pets was great for the times when you had no piccies to show, cos you could show piccies of the dogs instead, so.................here they are, having a snuggle on the settee!!!!

And here is scooby, trying to get his dog bed onto the settee to make it more comfy!!!!!!!!!!! Spoilt I hear you say?????? HMmmmmmmm, you could be right!!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Excellent gratuitous pet photos!!!! - Scooby worked so hard and then ended up hanging off the end - why do they always like to hang their head off the edge of something????? - Cute photo of them together too, guess they've made up after the ear incident then???

9:35 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

yes, excellent dog photos!! And far better to frog before you've gone too far, it's much less painful then ;)

10:05 PM  
Blogger inukshuk71 said...

Awww, sweet doggies. Poor Scooby could only make a pillow out of his bed.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount