Saturday, March 10, 2007

Anyone for crochet?????

I wanted to participate in crochet week from the 18th of this month, but despite several attempts, I had always been unsuccessful in managing to crochet anything at all!!!!!! However................I kept reading the happy hooker yesterday, and I thought, "surely I can do this, it can't be that hard", and indeed, I now have something to show *jumps up and down excitedly*
VOILA!!!!!!!!!

I know its only a granny square, but its definately an achievement for me!!! I'm going to carry on until its large enough to cover a small cushion, and then do another square to match!!! And hopefully I'll get it finished in crochet week!
I'm not sure I'll have enough yarn to do the second square in the same colour, but its a really good way of using up leftover yarn :-)It can be a reversible cushion;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Fabulous!!!! - SO for crochet week, you'll be designing and crocheting a jumper, cardigan and matching socks then????

12:34 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Granny Squares are the only thing I've ever crocheted (unless you count the occasional crocheted trims to knitted things) - your square is looking very impressive!
Grows much quicker than knitting doesn't it?

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount