Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ivy growing


I've had this book on my book shelf for months, and although I've picked it up and read the first page a few times, just never really been grabbed by it! I started to read it again properly last week and I have to say, this time I am gripped!!! Its brilliant! Although I do have to admit to falling asleep a little uneasily for the past few nights...........its quite eerrie:-)
On the knitting front, I'm getting there, finally, with Ivy!! The second front is almost complete, only the ties left to knit and then the finishing off.



I think it looks good on Lizzy, she's a bit smaller than my sister is but I'm sure the fit is fine.I hope my sister likes it! And that it was worth waiting three months after christmas to finally receive it!!!!!!
I've a ten day stint at work starting tomorrow, but am hoping to finish it between shifts and get some finished piccies up, maybe even modelled if I'm lucky:-)

11 Comments:

Blogger belaybunny said...

I love Ivy, it's looking very nice. I'm sure it will fit perfectly.

7:15 PM  
Blogger RUTH said...

Thank you for your visit and good wishes. I did a little knitting for my children and grandchildren but never anything as wonderful as what I see here.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Gledwood said...

That is a svelte piece of knitwear if ever I saw one...

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous. I'm sure your sister will love it.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Ivy is looking lovely. I have that book too - good to know you're enjoying it :)

2:28 PM  
Blogger WildPurl said...

It looks lovely Terri, I think your sister will be very happy

10:17 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

D'you know I'm sure I commented here when you wrote it??? - Oh well!!! Ivy is looking gorgeous, and Lizzy wears it very well!!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Glenna C said...

Nice Ivy-in-progress! Found you on following comments over at Ms. Knitbert's ;)

I'm glad to read your comments about The Historian - I picked up a copy a couple of weeks ago. Now I just have to find a time to slot it in amidst Knit the Classics picks!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Wow! What wonderfully neat knitting. Your Ivy sweater looks fabulous in Cathay :-)

4:54 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Ivy is looking lovely in the cathay terri. I will have to root through my stash and see if I have anything suitable.

9:38 PM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

What a lucky sister! I love Ivy and the colours you've used are just perfect!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount