Wednesday, March 07, 2007

surprise!!!!!!

I had a nice surprise from the postie when I arrived home from work this afternoon! Firstly my march's Posh sock yarn of the month arrived, isn't it pretty???!!!:-)

Secondly, some sock yarn from scandinavian knitting design which I ordered at the beginning of the year, I'd forgotten about it tbh, so was thrilled when it arived today! The colours are lovely aswell and it was very reasonably priced!!!!!!!!

The fluid linen top is progressing very slowly! It looks nice, but the yarn is so slippery, that I wish I had cast on in bamboo needles rather than metal ones, but I'm scared to do it now as I'm sure my tension will be different, but I'll persevere in short bursts I think! Never one to be able to resist the lure of a new WIP, I cast on for Ravel by colinette, which is a plain garter stitch cardi, and am using Monet colourway.

I love the colours in colinette yarn, but I like uniform thickness yarns, so don't often use it, but this is in cadenza, which is a lovely dk weight merino yarn, machine washable too which is ideal for me with my two smelly mutts!!!! Speaking of which.............Scooby's ear is still bleeding. He's taken to removing the bandage partially and wearing it as a scarf whilst he races around the house, depostitng droplets as he goes *rolls*. I feel a little decorating coming on while I'm off work!!!!! Thanks for that scooby ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Lovely haul of sock yarn, that's the second lot of fabel I've seen blogged today :-)

Sorry poor Scooby is poorly, and causing mayhem by the sound of it!

6:58 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Lovely haul there Terri, Posh colour georgeous too. :)

Your poor baby......What about one of those 'funnel' braces???

8:49 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

What a lovely colour for Ravel! I started mine on the train to Harrogate - I'm nowhere near finished yet lol

Sending hugs to Scooby!

11:02 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

Lovely cadenza colour, it will look really nice all knit up. Nice posh yarns too, my membership finished last month, typically!!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount