Thursday, January 25, 2007

Flicca and cherry!


So I've started Flicca by anna bell, and really liking it so far!
I have had a bit of a dilemna with choosing the right needle size though cos the pattern calls for 7mm, but as I'm using my Boyes, didn't have a 7mm equivalent so am using 6.5mm!
I think this wil be ok as theres lots of ease in the pattern for a little bit of downsizing??? and worst case is that I might run out of yarn rather than it not fitting, so we'll have to see!
Talking of anna, this top is also one of her designs thats been waiting to be finished off for months!!!!!


Its "cherry" knitted in db cathay. I have buttons to finish it off, its just motivating myself to go ahead and knit the bands up. I did attempt to do this last summer, but when I picked up and knit two rows of button band before noticing that I'd picked up stitches down the seaming edge, it got thrown in my WIP bag in disgrace! However, its forgiven as I think it looks good on the dummy!!!!
If anyone can think of a suitable name for said dummy, it would be much appreciated!It seems a bit mean to call her dummy al the time LOL!!!!!!
Finally for today, here is some Handmaiden seasilk in glacier colourway that I have to make a Forest Canopy shawl. I've been wanting to have a go at lace for a while and it was one of my resolutions for this year so thought that this beginners pattern was probably the best place to start! We're having a knitalong for the shawl on the crafty threads and yarns forum, so hoping there'll be lots of help when I get stuck!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

OOOh i do like Flicca!!!! (but mustn't get sidetracked!!)

I thought originally your dummy should be called Dolly - but that's just toooooo obvious! - Today she looks like a Beatrice!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

What lovely stuff!

I used to have a ex-shop dummy that I named Glenys, although that's probably not everyone's first choice!

7:56 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

How fast do you knit???? ;) I really like the flicca pattern, and love the colour of the cherry top too. oh, and the silk is gorgeous.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

You have Handmaiden Seasilk!? Oh, such joy!!! (but does it smell strange ;-) I think it will make a stunning Forest Canopy.

Have to agree, you are super speedy knitter. The yarn for Flicca looks so pretty - what is it?

I think you should call the mannequin Hetty the Headless Humanoid :-) or just Hetty for short.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount