Sunday, February 04, 2007

Birthday goodies!!!!


Yesterday was my birthday, and this year, much to my surprise I got quite a few knitty presents!! Definately a first:-) Even better,is the fact I got a voucher for jannettes rare yarns, so theres more still to come!!!!! I've ordered some Rowan calmer to make TemptingII, and also some all seasons cotton possibly to make the modular shrug on the front of the curent Vogue magazine.
You can see in the picture some debbie bliss astrakhan that I got from a friend, so I've ordered the simply soft pattern book to make a jacket with that, and also some clover crochet hooks for crochet week this year when I'm determined to teach myself!!!!!!!
I've finished the back of "flicca", but wanting to do something differant now *roll*, and have also finished all the knitted bits of the cropped cardi from the first yarnforward, so thats just to sew up at some point!
Plus the new Rowan mag has loads in it that I want to make, so my list of "like to do's" has become even longer!!!!!!
My january socks haven't been touched since my last post, but I'm trying to be disciplined and am aiming to finish them before casting on for another pair.......hmmmmmm!


My dishcloth from the forum swap arrived yesterday too, and its gorgeous!!!! Much prettier than the picture shows!!! It was made by Catknit! I think I'll have to ask which pattern, cos it would be ideal for christmas pressies:-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

Happy Birthday!!! Some lovely presents and a very pretty dishcloth (too pretty to use methinks). I like the new Rowan mag too.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Badger said...

Happy Birthday! Lovely pressies, esecially the Colinette, and the washcloth is very pretty indeed :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Modelwidow said...

Belated Happy Birthday, and what a luck birthday girl you were.
That really is a super dishcloth, and what a lovely way to `wrap` some gifts.

8:31 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Happy Birthday for Saturday! That's a very posh dishcloth - will you use it on the dishes???

12:59 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

What lovely goodies!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount