Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympic addiction....

I'm not a massive fan of sport, but I LOVE watching the olympics!!! Obviously I have my favourite sports within, but I enjoy watching it all, and this year is no differant. I'm missing out on loads though because of the time differance, between here and beijing, so having to make do with the highlights in the evening when I'm home, but I shall be staying up on staurday night to watch the marathon:-)
When I saw Ravelympics on ravelry, I was so excited to join in, and signed up for the sweater sprint and the sock put. I thought I would easily finish two projects within a fortnight..........at this point I had failed to realise that I would be working 14 of the 16 olympic days!!!!! Which means I've had to rethink what I can achieve in the time:-( I was hoping to make Coraline, but realistically don't have time, even though I don't think the actual project is a difficult one, I don't have the hours to knit it. So....... I've swapped my sweater sprint project to a plain st st v neck sweater which I might be able to wear over a shirt for my new job:-)

I'm half way up the back so far two days after starting, which isn't too bad when I've been at work. I'll be knitting like crazy this weekend! My sockput project is coming along ok, although again, not sure I will finish in time, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one sock finished!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Hope you get them both done in time. The v-neck will probably turn out to be one of your most worn.... always works that way! :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Good luck :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

Hope you get to the finish line!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home