Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm gaining speed!!!!!


Fifteen repeats done now, so thats half of the main panel of the stole! I can hardly believe how quickly its knitting up:-) I do have a potential problem however......... I've nearly used half of the yarn. The pattern says 1200yards, I have 1260 over two balls, and one ball nearly gone, so I'm gonna run short for the knitted on edging I think?? Unless I get a few more repeats out of the part ball left. I'm going to have to wait and see, but I can definately envisage me having to use a narrower edging and work out the math, or try to find some yarn in the same colour and dyelot as when I bought this over a year ago.................. nevermind, we'll just see!

7 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

It looks lovely. Hope you have enough.

8:16 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Needles crossed that you have enough. It is lovely

4:49 PM  
Blogger Probably Jane said...

Impressive work - I'm making the same shawl (only 9 repeats done) and bought 3 balls just to make sure. KCG Trading are very good at finding matching dyelots by the way...

6:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh wonderful shawl, hope the yarn situation is okay or that the team car can help out with spares!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

OoooooH that's gorgeous. I hope you have enough to finish it or at least find a solution re yarn.

It's grown exceptionally quickly!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I ove that colour, its beautiful. I hope you get more yarn OK.

4:08 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

Your stole is gorgeous - a fabulous colour!

Congratulations on your job!!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount