Saturday, July 05, 2008

On your bike!!!!!

Ok, so day one of the Tour de France today, and I've eventually settled on my polka dot jersey project!!! I was going to attempt lamanaria, but as this will be gifted to my mil for her 60th birthday, I thought she would get more use from a stole..... So I've picked a rectangle from Victorian Lace today.

The yarn is jaggerspun zephyr from stash, its a lovely ruby colour, just hoping I'll be ok with the proper laceweight thickness........
Sadly, I can't cast on today as I'm at work on the late shift, but I have an early half tomorrow, so I should get a few hours knitting in then. I'll have to mix my TdF knitting with my interview prep for the first week of the tour.

I've signed up for the Ravelympics too, to start in August. I love joining in a knitalong:-)

9 Comments:

Blogger gilraen said...

VERY very nice!!!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Oh that's going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see how you so.

1:21 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

I love the colour you've chosen and I'm sure once you've got going you'll be ok with its thickness - it's not as fine as some.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

That looks lovely. Lace weight is ok once you've made something in lace it makes everything else you seem so much quicker lol

6:45 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Lovely colour, don't forget the lifelines -or is it just me that needs them until I get into the swing of a VLT project! I am sure mil will love it if you can bear to part with it once its finished!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely King of the Mountains project - hope you got a chance to get it underway yesterday

6:42 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Good luck from a fellow team member on the TDF KAL! I love the color of the yarn you have picked out for your project and can't wait to see what it looks like.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

What a lovely choice - I hope it's going well and looking forward to photos.

I am off to check out the Ravelyimpics - I'd missed tht one so thank you.

9:18 AM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Good luck with the Rectangle, Terri! It's just that knitted-on border that's the problemo... blast it!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount