Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baby knitting....

I've had a pretty eventful couple of weeks to say the least, and its flown by in a whirlwind. Needless to say that my ravelympics jumper was NOT finished by the timne the flame went out, but it was knitted by the end of the following day. It's waiting to be sewn up, but soon, as the weather seems to be heading away for the winter now.
So firstly, my friend had a baby!!! Not that eventful in itself, people have babies everyday I hear you say, and you're right, they do!!! But not when they didn't know they were pregnant!!!!! I kid you not! Her Gp thought she was constipated... I for one have never had to try and flush away a 6lb turd, but there you go. Mum and baby are doing well, and hopefully might get home in another week or so??? And it's a good excuse for me to knit baby clothes:-)

It's a pattern by Elizabeth Zimmermans from the knitters almanac. Its a brilliant pattern (and book), very ingenious!!! I used some silk stream which was left over from green gable last year and its nice and soft. I know I chose blue, which isn't traditional for girls, but I think babies look good in colour rather than white all the time???????
I fell off my bike whilst cycling to work last week......... everyone at work thought I was talking about a motorbike, but no, I injured myself falling from my push bike.... Embarassing to say the least! Actually, my shoulder is quite badly injured and I'm wearing a collar and cuff much of the time. I can't go to work as I'm unable to move patients or carry out resuscitation if needed, so I'm at home with dvd's and tv reruns, which aint so bad! And I'm still managing to knit, so it definately could have been worse:-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

ohmigoodness you poor thing - hope you feel less sore soon - although at least if you can knit that's not so bad. congrats to friend on baby - hmmmm bet that was a surprise!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

I hope your shoulder gets better soon! You'll have to take more water with it you know ;-)

I hope mum and baby are improving now. It's lovely doing little knitting isn't it.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Goodness me - I thought surprise pregancies like that only happened on Eastenders! Baby will be well clothed by the looks of it :o)

Hope that shoulder is better soon

6:24 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Amazing story about your friend plus baby... sounds impossible, but obviously happens!

Now you take care over that shoulder. I should know...

xxx

7:23 PM  
Blogger blueadt said...

Ouch! I hope you're feeling better soon!

OMG re your friend. What a surprise! Total lifestyle readjustment!

7:55 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Cute knits but poor you! Hope you are on the mend! An EZ baby suprise sweater would be really appropriate!

7:46 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

I don't think much of that doctor!!

Congrats to mum/dad and baby though!! Quelle surprise!!!

I have nominated you for an award here: http://gilraensknits.blogspot.com/2008/08/awards-time.html

It is well deserved :)

1:40 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

I can't imagine not knowing I was pregnant - but it's amazing how many people don't!

Glad you can still knit while your shoulder gets better.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

wow, did you really not notice she was preggie?

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home