Friday, June 06, 2008

As promised....

I said I would do the current meme thats doing the rounds.
here goes...

1.What was I doing ten years ago?
I was living in London, working in a nursing home after dropping out of my electronics degree at Brunel university.

2.What are the five things on my to do list today?
Firstly, I intend to spend most of the day knitting, I'll probably read for a couple of hours too, label some parcels for my sister to take to the post office later, and have a quick tidy around before DH gets home, thats only four things......... oh, off to the docs this evening too!

3.Snacks I enjoy
Peanut butter and banana on brown toast.......delicious!!!

4.Things I would do if I were a billionaire
Never feel guilty about yarn buying again!!! Leave work without a doubt, shop lots, pay off my families debts.... the normal stuff really:-) I would probably fund an animal shelter for abandoned dogs too.

5.Places I have lived
Scarborough, Blyth, Durham, Newcastle, Uxbridge

6. Jobs I have had
Paper round,Supermarket worker whilst I did my A levels, worked in burger king for one day when I was at university, Care assistant, staff nurse, ward sister....... any suggestions for a new job greatly appreciated;-)

7. People I'd like to know more about
Picitsh, Aknita, Mrs J,auntie Noo, and anyone else not already participating


I also did this little quiz, I like these, even though your result depends totally upon your current mood!!



Your Personality is Very Rare (INFP)



Your personality type is dreamy, romantic, elegant, and expressive.



Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 6% of all women and 4% of all men

You are Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving.



I'm getting on well with Tempest, although I pondered over which yarns to use. In the end I went with the two pinky shades, the pinky/blue was quite dark once wound which put me off a little. The back is finished and I'm cracking on with the fronts, here it is so far

I've finished another monkey sock too, its not a great picture, but its very pretty. I've done the no purl version this time, with a plain foot.

I'm hoping to take part in the Tour de france knitalong, I sent my email request this morning so hopefully I'll be in!!!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger gilraen said...

Oh lovely!! A career change might be easier in another country! :)

Dreamy and Romantic, yes that seems right :)

Lovely knits and I love how Tempest is looking already! :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Tempest looks great. Liked reading your meme as I am a nosy person!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Oooh that's me!!!* I've never done a meme ;-) Good reason to update my blog *hangs head in shame*

Love Tempest - it's coming out beautifully. And the socks are going to be gorgeous.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tempest is now on my to do list after seeing yours, a really pretty colour combination you've got going on there....just printed the pattern off...there's no hope now ;)

3:59 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Electronics? wow, I'm not worthy!

I did the Personality quiz thing, and I'm 'rare' as well, but not in a particularly nice way... sigh.

Tempest is look good - will look forward to progress!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love reading all these little snippets of peoples lives

Great colours for Tempest and well done on a nother Monkey - is that number 726 now for you?

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tempest is great, I love the colours.

I've yet to do my meme - LOL!! I never knew you were at Brunel - I used to use the climbing wall there all the time as a student!!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

I will do this soon 'cos I got tagged by Helen too. Your Tempest is looking great.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount