Friday, June 13, 2008

A little progress......

Thanks for all the comments about Tempest, I've worn it already, which is definately a good sign!!!!!!
I've been working on another sock yarn project since yesterday morning, thanks to the new Knitty being released this week. I've cast on for Shetland shorty in some "blue jeans" sock from The yarn yard, and its looking good so far. The ties took ages..........!!! Actually, I have about 50 yards less than the pattern suggests, so keeping everything crossed that I don't run out!

I've done a little more on the deep v tank aswell, not the two handed technique though as it hurts my fingers and wrists... perhaps I'm doing it wrong??? I'm shaping the neck anyhow, and almost up to the armholes.

I just found out that I don't have a place for the Great north run this year...... places being overbooked with the charity, I've emailed a few today to see if they have places left but no luck so far, so now considering that I might not get to do it afterall, which will be a shame, but I'll still be there cheering my sister on....!!!
I've applied for a new job today too!!!!!! I'm really excited, but worried that I will be dissappointed. I've just spoken to HR to make sure my application arrived (which it did) and they said there are a lot of applications for it:-( Its a monday to friday job, which I've been looking for for ages! I've done shifts for over ten years, worked eight christmas and new years in that time, and just really wanting something without all the unsocial hours. Its really difficult to commit to anything outside of work as you just can't guarantee that you won't be rostered to work. Keep your fingers crossed for me anyway, and I'll be needing a group hug if I don't get it!!! I hope I get shortlisted..............hmmmmmm.

And finally, just because I love her.............Terri:-)

7 Comments:

Blogger SueJ said...

Things crossed for the job application! Love the doggy pic!

6:52 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Lots of luck in your new job application!!!

What is not to love? :D

8:21 AM  
Blogger Curly Cable said...

Your Shetland Shorty is looking super, love the colour. Your v tank is coming on really well and is looking soooo good :) The very best wishes with your job application, I think you deserve to be given the post, as a reward for working over ten years of shifts, Phew.... that's a long time and I bet normal hours would feel like a breath of fresh air.
Bestest of luck :) Oh and Terri is just cute for words, she looks such a poppet.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I hope its good news for the new job. I love the colour of the blue yarn.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Fingers crossed for the nine to five for you

That shorty should look fab on you

4:54 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Gratuitous dog pics always loved by this household!!! :) Good luck with the job. And one of these days I must watch you knit cos your knitting always looks so neat and even!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

Fingers, toes, needles, EVERYTHING crossed for you Sarah!

I've forgotten what normal hours are, but at least I get to choose my own shifts ;)

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount