Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chasing time!!!!!

I love this time of year, cosy nights snuggled on the sofa with my knitting or a good book, but somehow, the time seems to trickle by so much faster than in the earlier months of the year.It must be the darkness I suppose, but I never seem to get as much done in the dark months leading up to christmas. Over a week has gone by since I blogged, with little to show on the knitting front really:-( I do have a few other things to share though!
I took part in the crafty threads autumn secret santa, and my gift arrived last week from the lovely LoobyJ, who I think is blogless??? Some lovely aracunia sock yarn and a sock pattern, along with some Noro Daria Multi to make a belt, bath melt form Lusg,and candles and sweeties as almost obligatory in these swaps! I always worry a little bit in these kinds of swaps, both that my present may not be well received, or that the present I send may not be well received either, but none of that this time round, I was thrilled with my goodies:-)

I pledged to take part in the Pay it forward ethos on my blog, and have to admit, although I have thought og what to make for my receivees, I've yet to start anything. Aknita however, is far more organised than me, and this gorgeous Forest canopy shawl also arrived last week. Its made in Colinette cadenza, and its so snuggly! I didn't really think I was a shawl kinda girl, but I've worn it lots already! I think the colour is hard to see in the picture, but its a gorgoeus mossy green, even DH was impressed, which is quite something!!!!Thankyou so much Joy:-)

My sister and I went christmas shopping on saturday, and having never visited the haberdashery department in John Lewis before, I thought I'd pop in for a quick look and see if I could find anything which I don't already have in stash! And look.......

some lovely DK merino, which I think I will make a hat with, and......

Some baby Llama, which is soooo soft, I think this will become some mitts for me:-)
And just to prove I did make SOME progress on the needles, here is my latest sock wip, just a plain pair of socks for me in the kaffe fassett designer line regia yarn, which is lovely!

I need to get a move on with a handcrafted christmas decoration for another swap on the crafty threads forum, the deadline is the end of the month, and I've yet to decide what I will be making *blushes*

5 Comments:

Blogger SueJ said...

Nice! I love the shawl!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

I'm the same as you at this time of year and wonder where the time goes. I dont think I will get all my Christmas knitting finished this year - esp when I get stuck into a good book and end up reading non-stop for 5 hours :) Love your gifts.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Lovely John Lewis Shopping, and a lovely swap rom Loobyj!

I am going to postpose Christmas until March - I was going to be so organised this year too!

You are very welcome btw ;)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

The gifts you have recieved are so nice!

4:35 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

What lovely gifts and your yarn from JL is gorgeous, too!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount