Thursday, January 03, 2008

Just call me grumpy........

I can't remember feeling so GRUMPY for a long long time:-( I'm thinking its the cold weather, or maybe the dark days, but I wish winter was over....... Literally everything is getting on my nerves, and I can feel my patience straining much of the time at the moment. I even snapped at one of the staff at work the other day which is soooooooo unlike me........aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I need more chocolate cake, and lots of tea drinking in front of the tv with my knitting?! Of course, my knitting is not pushing its luck, and as always, I'm perfectly happy with my needles clicking away, maybe I need a week or so of just knitting??!! That made me smile:-)

I never usually make new years resolutions, cos I never manage to keep them, so see it as a bit of a waste of time. Previously, I've searched for something to be resolute about, and having found nothing, have come up with something ridiculous like resolving to go swimming every week, or stop eating chocolate.......... I hate water other than the bath, and love chocolate... nuff said really *roll*
BUT, this year, I am resolute that I WILL NOT BUY YARN!!!!! AT ALL!!!! The crafty threads forum has a thread dedicated to stashalonging in 2008, and I have opted for total abstinence. I've been looking through patterns and yarn that I have, to pick out 12 things I'd like to make for the sweater a month throughout this year, and actually, this would hardly even put a dent in my stash *roll* , I could knit for ten years without buying any yarn I think, and perhaps I would be better spending my spare cash on something else... Like a new bed, as the springs in our mattress are beginning to push me out of bed on a morning, not good!!!
I'm going to try and exercise three times a week too (not swimming though I hasten to add...)I really enjoyed jogging when I was training for the great north run, but the weather is too cold for me to venture out at present, so I'll use our cross trainer three times a week until the spring, and then get my running shoes on again. I'm going to do the race for life at Gosforth Race course this year, so need to get my fitness levels back up before May. Maybe the exercise will banish little miss Grumpy, and Little miss sunshine will return...... fingers crossed!!!!
No photos of anything today, as its so dark, but I have been doing a bit of knitting. I started another Central park hoodie in a plain purple aran, and also a bit of lace:-) Did I mention resolving to finish off some WIPS???
Hope the Grumpiness isn't catching, and I'll try to be in a better mood next time!

7 Comments:

Blogger florencemary said...

Oh dear, please don't be too grumpy! At least you haven't lost your knitting mojo, and there's always your own personal yarn shop to cheer you up!

Good luck with the running - I'll stick to a pedestrian pace, I think! Happy Knitting for 2008!

6:36 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

I love 'proper winter' but this damp dark stuff is enough to make anyone grumpy! I just count days until we go skiing & hope they are having loads of snow in the Alps! Good luck with the running -I leave that to Mr J at the moment but dog & I enjoy our walks!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sending you Happy New Year vibes and hope you cheer up soon; knitting is definitely the answer :o)

3:41 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Aw poor you! There's nothing worse than the grumps that you can't shift! Luckily for me, I love winter - dog walking with a cold wind in my face is just the best and then coming home to a milky coffee or as a real treat, hot chocolate!!!.... my grumps come in summer when it's just too hot to be bothered to do anything....

You could try hibernating?

Happy New Year! x

10:24 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Treat yourself to something gorgeous to cure the grumps! i hope you feel better soon. x

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you've cheered up a bit today. Knitting is great therapy. :)

I've tagged you on my blog for a knitting meme, if you feel like doing it.

7:33 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

{{{{Hugs}}}} Life is just a bit SAD at the moment living here, the light is so awful!! I think some Sunlight might do you the world of good. Maybe the moeny you save on yarn would take you to the sun? Even a weekend?

Take Care :)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount