Thursday, November 15, 2007

Felting fun!!!

I bought the kit to make this bag From Pavi yarns last month, and decided to start it yesterday. It's knitted up so quickly, and has already been through the machine, and is now drying! I'm thinking this will be a christmas gift. Just need to find some nice material to line it, and maybe a metal clasp to click it shut.
Here it is pre felting....

and after.......

I've got some lovely handles to finish it off with too, I'm really pleased with it:-)
The last installment of my Yarn yard merino sock club came today. Gorgoeus as always!

I'm having difficulty deciding what to do about my sock club memberships at the moment. I think I will renew my standard yarn yard sock club, but not sure about the merino one, as I've yet to actually knit any of it up! I joined the Soctopus sock club, which is a yearly club, the first parcel will be due in December, so now thinking that perhaps one sock club is enough.......but I LOVE the yarn yard colours:-( I think even if I DO decide to renew my current membership, I'll have to make sure that thats the only woolly purchase I make!!! My stash is growing quicker than I can knit, and its all getting a little ridiculous tbh, so new year, new spending habits!!!!!!!! I know I've said it before, but I almost have enough yarn to stock a small shop.....hmmmm!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

The bag looks great - I am a new convert to felting and it's so much fun!

8:30 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Your bag is georgeous!! Have you picked the handles?

I know what you mean about stash growing faster than I can knit.

12:03 AM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Cute bag - love the colours!

I think your 'yarn shop' is yummy and I think you should feel dead proud!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

The YY club yarn is gorgeous! And I love the felted bag.

Same for me re: cutting down on yarn purchases. I just dont have the room to store it either, let alone the money. But there's always so much temptation...

5:42 PM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

Isn't felting on purpose great!! I love the colours of your bag and the shape ...

I'm trying to behave too re. yarn purchases:( Not that I want to BUT whilst sorting out my sock stash discovered (as did MrB!!) that I had enough yarn to make around 70 pairs of socks... I'd better get knitting, hadn't I??

11:32 PM  
Blogger Skein Queen said...

You can never have too much yarn! Well, I would say that!

I have the YY merino club yarn too - lovely, isn't it - not sure what to make out of it yet though.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount