Friday, November 23, 2007

Buttons for Buttony!!!!!


I'm getting on quite quickly with Buttony, I've been knitting on it for a little while after work each night, and its been great as work is really busy at the moment, and a little easy knitting helps me to wind down (along with a little glass of wine!)
I've used 7 of the 10 balls of cashmerino chunky I bought to make this, and ended up buying a second pack of the yarn today from Janette, I only have three balls left, and I think I will run out, actually, I'm almost certain I'll run out!!!!!! Of course, with an extra pack, I'll probably have 9 balls left, but I thought I could make an Irish hiking scarf and include it in the parcel for my sister. I've been looking through my button box to see if I have any suitable buttons to use. All of these are from Scandinavian knitting design and I like them all, so a bit undecided as to which I need to order, as I don't have 12 of any of them?! What do ya think?????

I've been to chatting to the lovely, but sadly Blogless Pictish, about my stash, and thinking Of attempting a yarn free year!!!!! I know it sounds ridiculous, and I hear whispers of "she'll never do it".......but, I think I could. Tell you why! I will be getting a yarn parcel every other month from the soctopus club, which is already paid for.So that will give me somthing to llok forward too! And if I manage the year, I will buy something special for myself as a reward. Maybe some Buffalo Gold yarn!!!!!!!! Gorgoeus or what, and I bet its just so cosy on cold feet:-)
I joined the sweater a month group on ravelry. I'm not going to join in until January, but I'm quicker at bigger things than I am at socks, so we'll see how that one goes! I'll stil be attempting to make socks each month aswell, so far this year I've averaged a pair every other month, which isn't too bad, but I'd like to get the twelve pairs in 2008.
Today is the first of three days off, so I'm going to knit knit knit!!!!!!!!:-)

10 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

hmmm not sure on the buttons - think I like the bottom ones best but they might be a bit small. Have a lovely long weekend, and enjoy snuggling up with all your knitting.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I like the bottom ones best too. Love the colour of Buttony - should be lovely and snug.

Happy knitting time.

1:22 PM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Ooh, what a great pattern! I'm liking Buttony very much and have bookmarked it straightaway - thanks for that!

I would go for the larger buttons, personally, as I think they are such a feature of the original (hence Buttony, duh!).

And good luck with the yarn-denial! I will watch and wait with interest...

3:48 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Buttony looks lovely in that yarn colour. I used the top buttons on my Matilda Jane cardi, I think that the middle ones will look nice on buttony due to their size.
Yarn denial is like chocolate denial for me, I buy more!!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

I like the smallest button because of its 'organic' (dig 'er!) shape. I am not familier with the pattern although I do like little button details myself.

Yarn denial? Don't understand the concept, sorry!

9:31 PM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

lol I'm having yarn withdrawal symptoms on your behalf;o) What a challenge to set ourselves though...

The Buffalo yarn is stunning - but bet I'd felt it in the first wash:(

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the top or the middle ones myself ;-)It looks gorgeous. I read somewhere else about it taking more yarn than expected tho.

Maybe I need to get a blog eh? *shock* LOL!!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would go for the top or middle button.

Good luck on the yarn diet. I'm going to try it too for 2008, because I have so much laying around and money will be tight(er) than this year.

A sweater a month sounds like a lot to me, but it sure is a great way to use your stash :-)

8:43 AM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Ooh I like Buttony! Thanks for linkie - already added to humungous Rav queue :-D

Strange but I was thinking along the same lines re using stash in 2008. I won't say no yarn as that wouldn't work, but definitely a concerted effort to use some of what I have.

Pictish, you need a blog ;-p :-)

6:49 PM  
Blogger gilraen said...

Beautiful!!! I personally would love to use 12 different but complimentary buttons, those 3 would be lovely to start with, those definite Buttony!..................just my 2p worth :)

I've saved the pattern by the way for queueing ;) :D

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount