Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Monkeys, one down!


I finished the first monkey sock today, pheww!!!! I was beginning to think I'd left it a little late, now thats not like me at all is it LOL!!!!! I still have the second sock to do, but considering last week I had one harry potter sock done, and half a monkey sock done, and now hp socks are finished, and the monkey socks half done, I think thats pretty good!!!! I really like the monkey pattern, and will be making a pair of these for myself once these swap monkeys are all wrapped up!
As its Breast cancer awareness month, and pink socks are popping up everywhere, I'm going to make myself a pair of pink socks for october. Using the sugar mice yarn from skeinqueen, they should knit up quite quickly cos the yarn is a bit thicker than standard sock yarn.
I've pulled the union market pullover out of hiding, and hoping to make some good progress on that over the next couple of weeks too!
I'm still feeling a bit unwell. The GP thinks I have glandular fever, so I'm waiting for some blood results to come back, and if it is that, I'll be off work for a couple of weeks I think......... So aside from feeling grot, I should get plenty of knitting done!!!!!! I always like to look for the silver lining:-)

11 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Oh dear, I hope you don't have glandular fever. The monkey socks look great.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

Good looking monkey!

I hope the doc is wrong - glandular fever doesn't sound nice! Well done for seeing the bright side though!!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Yes, the Monkey pattern really is a great one, isn't it! Sorry to hear you're not too well, so take care. Cinnabar really looks good, btw - glad it's turned out well!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Hope you are feeling better hun and have everything crossed its not glandular fever.

The Monkeys are looking superb! Lucky swap pal, but will you be able to bear to part with them? :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely Monkey :) Hoping too that it's not glandular fever and that you feel better soon.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

I think Monkey is one of my fav socks,not that I have knitted that many !!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

OOps forgot to say I do hope that you are feeling better and that its not glandular fever:(
Also I love your Cinnabar

7:48 AM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Oh you poor love - Glandular fever is horrible - my sister had it when doing her exams (a few years ago then??!!!! LOL ) Really hope it isn't.
the Monkey Socks look great!

9:12 AM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Missed the last post so this is a double post worth of comments!
1. Really hope you have not got glandular fever! Its awful to feel really run-down. I feel a bit like that but its a week until half term so that kind of goes with the teaching territory!
2. The cinnibar sweater looks great on you -we just need some seasonal weather for you to enjoy it. I love the neckline & shaping on this sweater.
3. The monkeys are awesome. I must knit this pattern! the colours in the yarn are fantastic.
4. Well done you on the fund raising.
Hope you feel better!

6:57 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I don't know whether to say get better soon or wish for you to get more time off work now?!
LOVE the Cinnabar...

11:07 AM  
Blogger gilraen said...

I hope you get good results Glandular fever is not nice at all.

The Monkeys are looking good :)

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home