Friday, September 14, 2007

knitty knotty sockkies:-)


I've been working on a pair of socks for Posh yarns Helena, or yarn yard Merino! They're coming along great, nice and quick, and looking good methinks!!! I think I will try them again in a variagated yarn to see how the pattern looks with more colour???!!!! They fit me quite snuggly, which I like, but as my feet are on the small size, I think they would need extra stitches for a bigger foot.......?
I MUST learn how to use my camera! It's a lovely camera that I got for christmas, but I never seem to manage decent pictures, no idea why, unless its the resizing when I upload to blogger. I think I will try white background like Blueadt does, and see if I achieve better results!

Only two weeks till the run, I'm so nervous about it now! I went running on wednesday, and had really bad shin splints, which I've never had before:-( I've rested for two days, so will go out for a nice gentle run tomorrow, and keep my fingers crossed that my shins are behaving.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

They look lovely...have you designed these yourself?
Nice colour too :D

8:28 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I have indeedy!!!!!:-)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Skein Queen said...

Oh, shin splints are a killer! You might need new trainers?
Gorgeous socks - love the colour.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

The sock is beautiful! Clever you designing it - might need to get the pattern off you :) I have problems with taking pics, so now I put white paper on the table and photograph on there as the walls are off white as well. They come out much better, although it has been hard lately with the sun not being out much.

I cannot believe how quickly the race has come round, and I'm sure you will do fine. Make sure you rest lots though :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

lovely socks!
My husband got some ice pads from boots they fit just right along the shins after running. Get some and ice after runs, or a bag of peas works well too! Fingers crossed for you. x

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sock! Nice work!

Hope your shins are feeling better. Never had shin splints myself; probably because I never exercise!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home