Sunday, September 09, 2007

random rambling!!!!

I went to see Atonement last night, and it was one of the best films I've seen for a long time!!! I hadn't read the book, which I think made the film better for me, and I loved it! Very romantic.......needless to say I was in tears *roll*
I won't ruin it by going into the plot, but I would highly recommend the film :-)

It was nice and sunny yesterday, so I made the most of it, and sat in the garden. Its torturous when its this hot at work, so I'm hoping that the hot days of the past week cool a little by tuesday when I go back to work. Also keeping my fingers crossed that its not hot on race day at the end of the month............speaking of which, my race number and tag for race time came over the weekend, only three weeks to go!!!!
I decided I will start making small christmas gifts over the next few weeks. First up is the chevron scarf from Last minute knitted gifts. I'm going to use this

which is a gorgoeus cashmere/silk blend from skeinqueen. Its gorgoeus yarn, lovely and soft, and her customer service is excellent, my order arrived the next day:-)

I gifted the black cotton pullover to my younger sister who didn't believe me at first when I said I had made it!!! She's thrilled anyway, which I'm pleased about:-)
Had a quick visit to Borders yesterday too, and bought these

Both look really good, and there are projects in both that I will make:-)
The cinnabar sweater is coming along ok, halfway up the front, pictures when the front and Placket are done!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I have read the book and loved it so I will be interested to see how the film compares. Your dogs are lovely.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

As you know I read the book and loved it - I am going to break my rule of not seeing films of great reads for this I think - I have never recovered from Captain Corelli's Mandolin lol!

I haven't sat out in my garden ONCE this year - life has been so manic we didn't even get the patio table and chairs out, let alone the gazebo, and I've forgotten what a BBQ is!!!!!!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

I am trying to persuade MrP to come see Atonement with me, but so fair its not happening :( Glad you enjoyed it, and your day in the sunshine with your two daemon's lol.

Thats where the purple cashmere/silk went to!!! Oh well, I shall covet no more but am just glad its found a good home. I think it will make a stunning Chevron scarf. And I agree, Skein Queen's yarn and customer service are both brilliant.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Will Scooby stay there to be used as a head/back rest while knitting/reading???? - he looks comfy. The weather has been lovely these past few days for being outside - not too hot, still knitting temperature!

6:46 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

The film sounds great. Hope I get to see it! Glad you enjoyed the good weather -it IS too hot to be back at work.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home