Sunday, September 30, 2007

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick post, as I'm shattered and just heading for the bath!
I completed the great North run, in just under 3 hours, we had a few p breaks, so we probably ran for about 2:40, so I'm thrilled!!!!!!
The day has been very emotional, particularly as we crossed the start line and the red arrows flew over head:-)The first 8 miles went by quite quickly, and I thought that the whole 13 miles wasn't going to be too much trouble, but have to admit, the last few miles got harder, and the final mile seemed like the first 4 of the race! But we did it, and I feel very proud of us both!
I'll be drawing the raffle tomorrow, so will be back then with prize winners, and to let you all know how much I raised:-)

17 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Darn - you've made me blub!! - So proud of you! xx

5:41 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Well done hun! What a great, inspirational post. You should be so proud of yourself - like Noo, I'm really proud of you especially when I saw the course on TV and how much it is uphill.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I am so pleased, why have you made me blubby too?!!! Well done you xxx

6:14 PM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

What a fantastic achievement! A huge well done to you and all the other participants!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

You are totally fabulous!!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Linz Knits Now said...

Just pass me another hankie...or even a bog roll ;)
Well done to both you and your sis.



I re posted cos honestly the typing was shaky to say the least....

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! Hope you're enjoying some of the fizzy stuff by now cos you well and truly deserve it :-))

7:56 PM  
Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Great news, congratulations!!!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Well done you! Fab photo of you and your sister.

7:21 AM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

yay - well done, we're all proud of you and your sister ;)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Skein Queen said...

Well done to you both! Great time too. You can relax a bit now.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! What a great accomplishment. Great picture of you and your sister.

Monkey Swap Pal

10:40 AM  
Blogger florencemary said...

Well done, AQ! Fantastic achievement, and hope you raised loads for your Toby Henderson Trust!

My son ran it last year, you know...

6:25 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

Well done you!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! What a great achievement. :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Well done there you both - I didn't realise you were training right along side of me! I ran the New Forest half marathon in 2hrs38mins (we were 'chipped'!) on September 16th and so I reckon I know exactly how you felt at the end!
So - what's the next challenge???

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home