Monday, September 03, 2007

Monkey Progress, an FO, and new WIP!!!!!



I've been working on the Monkey swap socks for an hour or so an evening over the past few days, nearly down to the heel flap, and I'm LOVING this pattern!!!!!! Its the first time I've knit Monkey socks, and now I want to keep them for myself LOL!!!

I finished the drops pullover that I was working on over the weekend, and its blocking out on the decking as I type! Hopefully I'll be able to take a picture of it tomorrow. It's black though, and I always find it hard to get a decent picture which shows any detail:-(
As I finished a WIP, I thought I deserved to cast on something new!!!! SO last night, whilst watching Messiah, I cast on for the Cinnabar Pullover from the current issue of Interweave Knits. The borders are knit in a linen stitch, which I've never used before but its so effective! Almost doesn't look like a knitted fabric at all! I'm hoping this will be a relatively quick knit, as its mainly stocking stitch. I'm making it in some lovely soft merino from the new Tess Dawson range of yarns, at £2.50 a ball, you can't go wrong really, and its lovely!!!!! I'm using Chocolate brown, very autumnal, but thats my mood at the moment! I wish summer would stop messing about, and then we can move onto my favourite season:-) No pictures of the cinnabar yet, but possibly in the next couple of days!

Only one week to go and then I'm back to work:-( I haven't been as productive as I hoped either *roll*, so better make the most of the next 7 days!!!!!I went bowling on Saturday night with my sister, needless to say that I lost, in a spectacular manner!!!! So you mean you don't get points if you manage to bowl and dodge all the pins?? No?? *roll*
I'm planning on going to see Atonement at the cinema on saturday night with my sister too, and I'm really looking forward to that:-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

Your Monkey socks look gorgeous! I love the colour. How are you finding the pattern?

I hope you've had a good rest though, even if you might not have done as much as you wanted to :)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a stunning Monkey! That yarn is to die for. **drool**

The Cinnabar jumper is a lovely design, and I'm sure it'll be great in that rich chocolatey colour. I'm still awaiting delivery of my IK....

7:39 PM  
Blogger SueJ said...

What yarn have you used for 'Monkey'? It is beautiful! I want some! I have just found your blog. I will bookmark it & return for a good read. I did follow the etsy link for the stitch markers & am very tempted by the polar ones & the border collies! Thank you!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Its Posh yarns Lucia 4ply Mrs J, in merry berry colourway:-) Thanks for dropping by!!!!!

8:09 PM  
Blogger blog-blethers said...

I love your Monkeys ... the yarn and pattern work so well together, don't they? How's Cinnebar coming along? It's a very elegant knit and will be perfect on you.

Enjoy the last of your holiday and night out at the cinema!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount