Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Progress!

I've been quite productive over the past few days, despite having been at work, which is unusual for me cos I tend to knit a lot on my days off, but procrastinate on the days I work (not AT work I hasten to add).I started a sock on Friday night, which I finished last night, just plain but speedy none the less,

and I also made a start on a cardi from the Rowan plaid colection pattern book, which I bought about 6 years ago when plaid was first released, but at £8.95 a ball it was far to expensive to knit anything out of it:-( However, as its discontinued, I will get my snuggly cardi afterall! The yarn is nice and soft, and I bet its soooooo cozy to:-)

I ordered some jamiesons before my stashalong, to make the venezia pullover from IW. I saw a completed one made in two colours which was gorgoeus so thought I mgiht do the same. I chose lilac and cream, I actualy thought it was grey rather than cream, but thats what happens when you go off computer colours. I'm sure the colours go together fine though! No idea when I will start that, maybe a case of One day!

I have my monkey pal's name, so I will be hunting through stash for some yarn to knit for her with, and hopefully I'll have them finished before I go back to work in september.Two more shifts to work, and then I have 17 days off!!!!!! Yippeeee:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Noo said...

Oh Venezia will be gorgeous in those colours! So chic!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Seahorse said...

The sock and the cardi are lovely.

Queen of the Froggers and I have both been muttering about a possible start on Venezia this autumn - maybe you could be persuaded to join us???

7:15 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

You have been busy! The sock looks great, as does the cardi. I think Venezia will look gorgeous is those colours - very feminite and like Noo says, tres chic :)

Btw, as I missed out on the Hogwarts sock swap I've signed up for this one instead http://hsks3.blogspot.com/ :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger belaybunny said...

very nice sock and cardi. good luck with the stashalonging ;)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northumberland, United Kingdom

I live in northumberland with my husband and our two dogs, I love to knit and buy yarn!!

Powered by Blogger

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Hit Counters
OfficeDepot Discount